This Easter recipe is super fun, easy, and ideal to do with the family over the holiday. It’s the perfect activity to cook with your children. Once the recipe is complete and the delicious spread is on the plate, your kids will be so surprised and proud that they will love to repeat this fun cooking craft year after year.
Ingredients: boiled eggs, capers, carrots, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, onions, cilantro, and celery.
- Place the eggs in a pot with some cold water and add a little salt. Cover and cook on high until the water boils.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let sit for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the eggs from the water and peel carefully.
- With the tip of the knife, cut around the egg making a zig-zag pattern.
- Separate the egg white carefully to avoid breaking the yolk (the chick).
- Dice up small pieces of carrots and place on the yolk for the beak.
- Place the capers above the beak for the two eyes.
- Chop and assemble the rest of the ingredients of your salad together as the bird’s nest.
- Place the chicks on top of the nest.