There’s still two weeks of summer left to celebrate the season! We’ve rounded up some of our favorite treats, decorations, and games to help make your final summer soiree a success. Take a peek below:
Yummy party food
Your guests will dig into these four refreshing recipes, courtesy of KIWI magazine!
- Make munching on veggies even more delicious with this zingy white bean dip.
- Bake these meat-free, protein-packed patties ahead of time. Then, just toss them on the grill right before serving.
- Keep guests cool with our party pops. They get their sweet taste from in-season peaches, and their creamy texture from low-fat yogurt.
- Your guests are going to love this smoky barbeque sauce. Slather it on baked tofu or use it to top off hotdogs and burgers.
Unique serving ideas
Want to set up your treats in style? We love these fun touches.
- Serving up ribs? Keep messes in check with a “Sticky Fingers Station” complete with paper towels and wet-wipes.
- Put utensils in mason jars for a touch of elegance at your picnic table. For added flair tie a colorful ribbon around the top edging or decorate with washi tape.
- Pick up colorful serve ware that’s also compostable. We love the bright designs from Susty Party.
Say sayonara to store bought accents! You can create these custom décor items at home.
- A few balloons makes any setting feel like a party—but these burger balloons from Studio DIY really turn up the heat. All you need is a few streamers and some glue to get this party started.
- Take a cue from the party planners at WeddingChicks.com and upcycle an old picture frame into a chalk board to create a sign that directs guest toward the party zone. (Plus, post-fiesta the kids can use it as a mobile easel.)
- Invite guests over with the help of this free customizable party printable (measures 5 in by 7 in).
Easy outdoor entertainment
Keep pint-sized guests (and adults!) occupied with these fun lawn activities.
- Some paint and a stencil is all it takes to create lawn twister. Make the board super-sized to accommodate larger parties, then turn on the sprinklers when you’re though to wash the game away.
- No pool? No problem. Create playful water blobs for some quirky outdoor fun. Make a giant one as pictured here, or create smaller ones so each guest has their own.