The happy egg co. believes that happy hens lay the best eggs. That’s why, unlike cage free hens that never leave the barn, and even other free range hens who have very limited access to the outdoors, the happy egg co.’s hens spend their days roaming outdoors on 8 acres of land, the equivalent to six football fields. Here the hens enjoy flapping their wings, pecking, playing, and being allowed to exhibit their natural behaviors. The happy egg co. is the only national free range brand and the first free range brand to be certified by the American Humane Association. They set the gold standard for true free range egg production by providing a minimum of 21.8 square feet of space per hen, opposed to the current free range standard of only 2 square feet of space per hen. When you spot the happy egg co.’s distinctive sunshine-yellow carton, you can rest assured that the delicious eggs inside came from happy, humanely raised hens.
Mom Ambassadors selected to sample this product will receive a voucher for the happy egg co. eggs to sample with your group, and coupons to share. Plus, a reusable tote bag, spatula, and more!
Just the facts
- The happy egg co. produces delicious, brown-shelled eggs that are always from true free range hens that roam outdoors on 8 acres of land, the equivalent of 6 football fields every day—now that’s something to be happy about!
- Each of their hens receives a minimum of 21.8 square feet of space to flap its wings, perch, and forage, far exceeding the current free range standard of 2 square feet.
- The happy egg co. is the first free range brand to be certified by the American Humane Association, as these standards do more to support hen welfare and true free range production.
- The happy egg co. hens have a pasture foraged diet supplemented by a vegetarian feed.
- The happy egg co. believes that family-run farms are the best way to raise true free range hens. Their farmers are not “egg producers”- they are carefully selected animal stewards who are passionate about improving the lives of the hens they care for every day.
- Their eggs are packed in a distinctive sunshine-yellow carton made from 100 percent recycled and compostable material.