Looking for Ahi Tuna Tar Tar recipe? Look no further- Check out this delicious recipe using Cobram Estate Olive Oil!
- 3 ¾ lbs Fresh Tuna Steaks
- 1 ¼ cups Cobram Estate Olive Oil (Robust)
- 5 Limes, Zest
- 5 ripe Hass Avocados
- 1 cup Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice (from those you zested)
- 2 ½ teaspoons Wasabi
- 2 ½ tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco
- 2 ½ tablespoons Salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons Ground Black Pepper
- 1 ¼ cups Minced Scallions
- 3 ¼ tablespoons Minced Jalapeños, seeds removed
- 1 ½ tablespoons Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Put the tuna into ¼-inch dice and place it in a very large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the olive oil, lime zest, lime juice, wasabi, soy sauce, tabasco, salt, & pepper.
- Pour over the tuna, add the scallions and jalapeño, and mix well.
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the seed, and peel. Cut into 1/4-inch dice.
- Carefully mix avocados into the tuna mixture.
- Add the toasted sesame seeds, and season to taste.
- Allow the mixture to sit in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour for the flavors to blend.
- Garnish with thin sliced jalapeños and cilantro. Serve on crackers.
Moms are talking