Makes 12 cookie cups • Serving Size: 1 filled cookie cup
- 2-1/2 cups almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill brand)
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour (Coconut Secret or Bob’s Red Mill brands)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (Bob’s Red Mill or Big Tree Farms brands)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce (Santa Cruz organic brand)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 drops almond extract
- 1/2 cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips (Enjoy Life brand)
- 2 tbsp of your favorite flavor of Creamy ARCTIC ZERO, such as Purely Chocolate, Salted Caramel, Toasted Coconut, Hint of Mint or Poppin’ Pomegranate into each cookie cup.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease a regular muffin pan with coconut oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, sea salt, baking soda, and cinnamon (if using).
- In a small bowl, combine egg, egg white, coconut oil, applesauce, vanilla and almond extracts.
- Add wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate dough for 20 minutes to make it easier to form the cups.
- Spoon 2 heaping tablespoons of dough into each muffin tin. Using plastic gloves, flatten dough in each tin with fingers. Then, using your finger, make a hole in each cup, pressing the dough to the sides of the tin. Be careful not to poke a hole through to the bottom. As the cookie cups bake, the holes will slightly lose their shape; however, you will make the holes larger after they are partially baked.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Using the rounded bottom of an ice cream scooper, create a large hole about 1/2-inch deep inside each cookie cup.
- Place pan back into the oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and let cool completely on wire rack before removing cups from pan. Use a knife around the edges to loosen from pan.
- Fill each cookie cup with 2 tablespoons of your favorite ARCTIC ZERO flavor (We’re using ARCTIC ZERO Purely Chocolate). Tip: Use a small cookie dough scooper or melon baller to make tiny scoops of ARCTIC ZERO.