We’ve taken classic French Toast to the next level with this fun, kid-friendly breakfast or brunch recipe.
- 8 – 1” slices of challah or thick sliced bread
- 8 Tablespoons of almond butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 8 teaspoons jam – use your favorite flavor
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 -3 Tablespoons butter
- In a pie plate or a shallow dish, combine milk, eggs and vanilla. Mix well. In each 1’slice of bread gently cut an opening across the top about 2/3 of the way. Using the knife cut further down into the slice creating a pocket without cutting all the way through the bread. Gently fill the pocket with a tablespoon of almond butter and finish with a teaspoon of jam.
- Lay the bread into the egg and milk mixture for 1-2 minutes on each side to absorb the liquid. In a sauté pan, melt the butter and add the soaked pieces of bread. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side on medium heat or until the bread is golden brown.
- Serve with powdered sugar, fresh fruit or syrup.