This recipe comes together in a single bowl and requires no mixer. Swapping the flour for oats helps keep them moist and full of almond flavor.
- 11/2 cups creamy or crunchy almond butter (they work well with either kind)
- 1 1/3 cups dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs – lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup old fashioned oats– not instant
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preaheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl mix almond butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Stir in baking soda and mix well. Add oats and chocolate chips and mix thoroughly.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place about a tablespoon of dough for each cookie or use an ice cream scooper with a 11/2” opening for portioning the cookies. Bake 8 to 9 minutes. Let cool then remove from the sheet pan. Store cookies in an airtight container for 5 days.