Chocolate granola with a lighter twist! We picked the very best ingredients to make this delicious chocolate hazelnut flavored granola. They come out of the oven as one large granola cookie that can be broken up in bite sized pieces to enjoy as a snack, topping or just plain with milk of your choice!
- 1/2 cup of Amoré
- 1/2 cup of honey or maple
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 2 cups of brown rice cereal or any cereal of your choice
- 1/2 cup of chopped peanuts or any nut of your choice
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cacao powder
- In large mixing bowl add all dry ingredients and mix well. If you chose a cereal that has large pieces, first break them into smaller pieces with a rolling pin.
- In medium pan over low heat add honey and Amoré and mix vigorously until well mixed for about 5-7 minutes. It will slightly melt and become the consistency of thin syrup.
- Pour warm mixture over dry mix and mix until well coated. Distribute in cookie sheet prepared with non-stick spray. Using the back of a spatula pat down to compact granola.
- Take it to a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes, mixing it well half way through. Remove from oven and let it cool before breaking into pieces. Store in airtight container for up to 10 days in dry and cool place.