- 8 Nathan’s Famous® Hot Dog Buns from Cobblestone Bread Co®
- 8 Nathan’s Famous® Franks
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 large yellow onion, julienned
- spicy brown mustard
- Salt and pepper
- In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, cook the bacon.
- While the bacon is cooking, grill or steam the hot dogs to desired doneness.
- When the bacon and hot dogs are finished, wrap a piece of bacon around each dog.
- Cook the onions in the remaining bacon fat with a bit of salt and pepper over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring often. Reduce the heat to low and add the bacon wrapped dogs to the pan and cover with a lid to heat the hot dogs.
- To plate, add some spicy mustard and a bacon-wrapped hot dog to each bun and then the caramelized onions over the top. Serve hot.