The mac n’ cheese recipe is the perfect vegetarian dish for your friends and family using Meati™ crispy cutlets!
For the Mac n’ Cheese
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 1 Tbsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 12 oz whole milk or 1 can of evaporated milk
- 6 oz aged cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 oz cream cheese, diced
- 2 oz parmesan cheese, shredded
- Cook pasta according to package directions on stovetop.
- Add cooked macaroni back to the pot and stir in all of the ingredients on low heat until creamy and smooth.
- Add ¼ cup of water to smooth out, if needed. The finished macaroni can go directly into bowls or into a casserole dish for baking.
For the Buffalo Sauce
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- ⅔ cup Frank’s Red Hot buffalo sauce
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- In a small pot, over medium heat heat butter until frothy.
- Stir in the hot sauce, honey, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and garlic powder and mix until well incorporated. Set aside.
For the Crispy Meati™ Cutlets
- 4 Meati™ Crispy Cutlets, thawed.
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Prepared buffalo sauce
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onions, for garnish
- Add oil to an 8-10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Pat dry the Meati™ crispy cutlets and season each side with a pinch of salt.
- Working in batches, pan-fry cutlets for 4 minutes on each side or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Take cutlets off heat and let rest for 1 minute then brush or spoon on a generous amount of buffalo sauce, coating them evenly. Cut the cutlets into cubes and serve over warm mac n’ cheese. Garnish with sliced green onions.
Moms are talking