This paleo and vegan cherry almond cobbler is sure to become a family favorite! A sweet fresh cherry filling is baked with a biscuit cobbler topping and toasty almonds that’s gluten free, dairy free, and egg free. It’s perfect served with a big scoop of coconut vanilla ice cream or on its own! Easy to make and the perfect healthy dessert for Summer.
- Chelan Fresh sweet cherries
- tapioca flour, or arrowroot
- coconut sugar or maple sugar
- blanched almond flour
- aluminum free baking powder
- fine grain sea salt
- organic coconut oil
- unsweetened almond milk
- pure vanilla extract
- pure almond extract
- sliced almonds
- First, preheat your oven to 375° F and lightly grease a 9” baking dish or pie dish with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl bowl, combine the cherries, almond extract, tapioca and sugar and stir to coat. Transfer to the prepared baking dish and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, tapioca, baking powder, salt and sugar. Using a fork or pastry blender, cut the solid coconut oil into the the mixture until crumbly. Stir in the almond milk, vanilla, and almond extract until a dough forms.
- Scoop the dough in about 1/4 cup amounts, flatten with your hands and place all over the cherry layer. Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until the cherries are bubbly and topping is golden brown.
- This dessert is amazing served slightly warm but room temperature works well too!
- I like to let it cool for at least 20-30 minutes after baking so it’s not super hot. You can also gently reheat it in the oven if it’s completely cooled if you want it warm.
- I love a big scoop of coconut vanilla ice cream on top (love the Coconut Bliss brand) on the warm cobbler. The ice cream gets nice and melty and the biscuit is like a crisp sugar cookie outside and cake-like inside. So delicious!