Inspired by carrot cake, this chewy granola bite has all of the components of a carrot cake coupled with the essence of a chewy granola. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 cup Hearty Grains & Seeds Hot Cereal
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed grated carrot
- 3⁄4 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 each egg
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Spray 24 (1 3/4-inch) mini muffin-pan cups with vegetable cooking spray.
- Stir the cereal, raisins, pecans, carrot, coconut, water, maple syrup, olive oil, cinnamon, nutmeg and egg in a large bowl. Spoon about 1 tablespoon cereal mixture into each muffin-pan cup, pressing down firmly on each with the back of the spoon to flatten.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown and firm. Let the bites cool in the pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes.