Prep: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 chicken breasts
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 Ciabatta rolls
- 1 large tomato (sliced thinly)
- 8 Provolone cheese slices
- 1 cup arugula
- ½ cup Barilla Creamy Genovese Pesto
- Pat chicken dry and lightly salt and pepper. In a skillet over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Let pre-heat before adding chicken breasts. Cook for 5-7 minutes on each side or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF.
- Slice ciabatta rolls in half and set aside.
- Once the chicken is cooked, set aside and let rest for two minutes. Slice into thin pieces to add to the panini. Be careful as the chicken will still be hot.
- Assemble your panini’s: Smear pesto on both insides of the rolls. Add cheese, tomato, chicken, and arugula to the ciabatta rolls.
- Cut in half and serve.