Cook Time: 120 minutes
- 1 4-link package of Seemore Chicken Chili Verde sausages
- 1 ounce ball of grated Oaxaca cheese
- 1 can refried beans
- 16 8-inch flour tortillas
- Mexican crema or sour cream for garnish, as desired
- 2 avocados or your favorite guacamole
- 4 Tablespoons cilantro
- ¼ cup plus 3 Tablespoons onion, finely diced
- 3 – 5 radishes, sliced thin or julienned
- 1 – 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Oil for frying
- Set aside ¼ cup of Oaxaca cheese as garnish.
- Crumble 1 pack of Chicken Chili Verde Sausage and add remaining grated Oaxaca cheese. Mix until thoroughly combined – clean hands work best!
- Trim 1 ½ inches off the bottom of your tortillas. This will help them roll more tightly and stay together while frying.
- Evenly spread about 2 Tablespoons of your favorite refried beans on your tortilla leaving ¼ inch on either side to prevent fallout while frying.
- Add 2 to 3 Tablespoons of your sausage and cheese mixture, press down slightly to compact into a cigar shape, and roll tightly. Set aside seam side down.
- Once complete, freeze shaped taquitos for at least 1 hour.
- Be sure to keep them seam side down. As they freeze there is the potential for them to unroll. If freezing for later use, allow to freeze completely and transfer to an airtight container.
- In a high sided pan, pour enough of your favorite neutral oil (canola, avocado, peanut) so that it is 1 ½ to 2 inches deep. Place on medium-high heat until it reaches between 325° – 350° degrees.
- Fry in batches of 4, rotating as needed, until golden. Keep warm in a 300° oven as you fry the remaining taquitos.
- Optional: For extra security you can use a toothpick to make sure your tortilla doesn’t unroll.
- While the taquitos are still hot, sprinkle the remaining Oaxaca cheese over the top. Garnish with onions, cilantro, and radishes – use crema and guacamole as you’d like!
Serving Suggestion: For a crowd, serve on a sheet tray or wood board with crema and guacamole on the side.