- 1 lb of chicken breast, skinless and sliced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp of tomato paste
- 1 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes
- 15-oz can of diced tomatoes
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 6 oz of cooked penne pasta
- 1 1/2 cups of grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Crusty bread (optional)
- Ina large saucepan, heat the EVOO, then add the chicken breast, and cook on low heat.
- Add the onion and continue cooking for about 5 more minutes.
- Add the garlic and stir for an additional minute.
- Stir in the tomato paste and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Leave to cook on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Add the pasta and cook for 5 minutes more, until the pasta is cooked through.
- Just before serving, mix in the Parmesan and mozzarella to melt slightly.
- Evenly ladle into bowls and serve with crusty bread. Swirl with more EVOO