- 3 pounds UNCUT Beef Ground
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato puree
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed vegetable broth, undiluted
- 1 to 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Additional chopped onion, optional
- In a stockpot, cook the onions, green pepper and celery over medium heat until vegetables are tender; drain.
- Stir in the UNCUT beef ground, beans, tomato puree, salsa, tomatoes, broth, water and seasonings. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until chili reaches desired thickness.
- Garnish with chopped onion if desired
16 servings (4 quarts)