Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 package store bought puff pastry
- 1 pear, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup pear preserves mixed with 2 Tablespoons filtered water
- 1 1/2 cups cooked and crumbled chorizo
- 2 – 3 cups shredded white cheddar and gruyere
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Micro-greens for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- Take puff pastry out of freezer and place on large parchment paper lined baking sheet. Once defrosted, unfold and lay out your puff pastry.
- Connect the 2 pieces by brushing a bit of the pear preserve mixture on the edges to them seal together. Then brush all the edges, about 2 inches in.
- Layer on half the cheese, then the pear and red onion slices.
- Top with remaining cheese, the chorizo and the remaining preserve mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, until crust is golden brown and cheese is beginning to brown. Top w/micro-greens and slice and serve.