- 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 tsp of garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 2 tbsp of chopped chives
- 1 small baguette, sliced diagonally
- Preheat broiler on high
- In a large bowl, mix together the avocado, garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and chives.
- Add 2 tbsp of EVOO. Stir and mash until you have a chunky paste mixture.
- Lay out the sliced bread on a flat baking tray. Brush the remaining EVOO on both sides of the bread.
- Toast on both sides until a light golden brown.
- While still warm, spread the crostini with the avocado mixture.