- 2 cups raw cashews (soaked in hot water for 30+ minutes and drained)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup New Barn Unsweetened Almond Milk
- lemon zest from 1/2 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup paleo pesto
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons ghee or avocado oil (butter is ok if you’re not Whole30-ing)
- 4 medium sized zucchinis
- Additional salt to taste
- Add the cashews, almond milk, water, lemon zest, garlic, one teaspoon of the salt, and the optional red pepper flakes to a blender and blend on high until the sauce is creamy.
- Add the Paleo Pesto and Pulse to combine. Additional salt to taste and set aside.
- Generously season the chicken breasts with the remaining 2 teaspoons of salt and black pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat and add your ghee or oil to the pan. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken breasts to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until you have lightly browned and seared the chicken breasts.
- Reduce the heat to medium and continue to cook the chicken breast, flipping every 3 minutes until it is cooked through and has an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Once cooked, set aside covered to rest for 10 minutes.
- Spiralize your zucchini and add them to the same pan that you cooked the chicken breasts in and heat over medium heat. Add the creamy pesto cashew cream sauce and toss to coat. Cook until the noodles are heated through and lightly tender. Salt to taste.
- Slice the chicken breasts against the grain and serve on top of the creamy zoodles.