Lightly breaded chicken sandwiches on gluten-free buns with crisp lettuce, dill pickles and tangy aioli made with Louisiana-style hot sauce.
- 1 lb. Chicken Breasts, cut into 3-4 oz. pieces
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Butter Lettuce
- Dill Pickles
- 4 Canyon Bakehouse Burger Buns
Hot Sauce Aioli
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1-2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp. Smoked Paprika
- 2/3 C. Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. Louisana-style Hot Sauce
- 1 C. Breadcrumbs, made with 5-6 slices of Canyon Bakehouse Mountain White Bread, dried
- 1/4 C. Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Dried Parsley
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- To make the hot sauce aioli, whisk together all of the ingredients, cover, and chill for at least 20 minutes.
- Season the chicken pieces lightly with salt and pepper.
- Whisk the ingredients for the breadcrumb mixture together in a shallow dish.
- Whisk the eggs in a separate shallow dish.
- Warm the oil in a deep sauté pan over medium heat.
- Working in batches, dip the chicken pieces into the egg and then the breadcrumb mixture before carefully laying into the hot oil. Watch for a moderate sizzle and adjust the heat as needed. Be sure not to crowd the pan.
- Cook the chicken pieces until golden. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- Allow the chicken pieces to cool slightly before serving.
Servings: 4 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes