- 1 large head broccoli (about 1.5 lbs)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 5-6 shallots
- 2 tbsp ghee, bacon fat or other fat of choice
- 4 cups chicken bone broth
- 1 cup New Barn Unsweetened Almondmilk
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Roughly chop broccoli, shallots and garlic.
- Heat a large, deep skillet over medium high heat and add cooking fat.
- Turn down to medium and add shallots.
- Sauté until translucent.
- Add garlic and continue to sauté, adding a bit more fat if needed.
- Add chopped broccoli and sauté for a few minutes adding salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn down the heat and allow to simmer for about 30 minutes or until broccoli is soft.
- After 30 minutes, turn off the heat and stir in the cup of Almondmilk.
- Using a large ladle, carefully scoop the soup into a high-powered blender and blend in batches until smooth.