Try this super fun and easy organic chocolate dirt pudding made with Organic Valley dairy products!
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 6 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 6 cups Organic Valley Whole Milk
- 8 oz. chocolate (gently melted in a double boiler or microwave at 50% power, stirring frequently)
- 3 tsp. vanilla extract
- 14 oz. chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- 1 lb. gummy worms
- short bread cookies (like ladyfingers)
- decorative frosting (optional)
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the cornstarch, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Whisk in the milk until fully incorporated.
- Bring milk mixture to a light boil over medium heat. Cook, whisking constantly, until the mixture thickens to your desired consistency, about 5 to 9 more minutes. If mixture is not thickening to your liking, add cornstarch 1 tablespoon at a time until your desired consistency is reached. (Pudding will also thicken further upon chilling.)
- When desired consistency is reached, remove saucepan from the heat. While whisking quickly, add the melted chocolate and vanilla. Immediately pour into a single serving bowl or into individual cups.
- Generously top pudding with crushed cookies and arrange gummy worms on top. Chill until ready to serve.
- Optional kid-friendly activity: To make a fairy garden or Halloween graveyard, decorate shortbread cookies (like ladyfingers) as rocks, trees, flowers, and/or creepy headstones and perch them in your dirt pudding creation.