For Salmon Patties
- 3 cans (6-ounces each) wild caught salmon
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon minced capers
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup Sir Kensington’s Classic Mayo, divided
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 cups shredded green cabbage
- ⅓ cup very thinly sliced shallot
- Combine salmon, eggs, breadcrumbs, shallot, capers, dill, 1 teaspoon lemon zest, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. Form salmon mixture into 4 patties.
- Whisk ¼ cup mayo, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, and garlic powder. Add cabbage and thinly sliced shallot and toss to coat; season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add salmon patties and cook until golden brown and a thermometer inserted in the centers registers 145ºF, 4–5 minutes per side.
- Spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise on each bun, top with a salmon patty and slaw.
Servings: 4 salmon burgers + 4 cups slaw
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes