Okay, so this one is for all the Mac n Cheese lovers out there. We’re talking about the ones that love to add bacon, chicken, and other proteins to their favorite cheesy dish. So we thought that you’d love this new way to add protein and a crunch to your Mac n Cheese. FITCRUNCH BBQ Mac and Cheese is packed with a crunchy, creamy, cheesy experience you’re gonna love.
- 1 bag FITCRUNCH Barbecue Protein Puffs
- 8 oz Elbow cooked to al dente
- 1 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 cup Half-and-Half
- 4 tlb Butter
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper or cayenne pepper
- 2-8 ozs Blocks sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 tbs Melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 7×11-inch baking dish.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Sprinkle in flour and whisk in, cooking for 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in milk and half-and-half. Keep whisking until it comes to a simmer and simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Add pepper and salt
- Turn heat to low. Add cheese a handful at a time, whisking until melted
- Add cooked pasta to prepared pan. Pour cheese sauce on top, stirring to mix the cheese sauce in
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Remove and sprinkle FITCRUNCH Barbecue Protein Puffs on top
- Place back in oven on middle rack with oven on broil for 1-2 minutes until puffs start to brown
- Remove and serve hot