Frozen Banana Pops are the perfect snack to cool you down on a warm summer day, and a great healthy alternative to ice cream treats! Your kids will love these.
- 4 bananas
- 1 cup Amazing Chickpea Butter (creamy)
- 1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Start by peeling and cutting the bananas into thick chunks (the thickness helps the bananas hold up to the chickpea butter).
- Using a knife spread the chickpea butter onto top of a banana chunk then add another piece on top to make a sandwich.
- Place a toothpick into each sandwich then transfer to freezer where they will need to sit for an hour.
- While you are waiting for the pops to freeze start making the chocolate sauce over the stove. The sauce will require a double broiler system which you can create by filling a pot halfway with water and placing a glass mixing bowl over the top (make sure it fits snug so the chocolate melts evenly).
- Microwave the coconut oil until it becomes a clear liquid which can be added to broiler along with chocolate chips.
- As the water boils stir the chocolate mixture until melted.
- Once completely melted, add the vanilla and mix again.
- After the banana pops have been in the freezer for an hour, take them out and cover them in chocolate sauce then place them on cookie sheet.
- The pops are now ready for the last freezing stage which takes a couple hours, but don’t worry it’s worth the wait! These pops are the perfect healthy sweet treat during any heat wave.