Prep: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 8 ounces Barilla Gemelli Pasta
- 3 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces Boneless/Skinless Chicken breast
- ¼ cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 2 Tablespoons roasted red pepper, small dice
- ½ cup Creamy Genovese Pesto
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium-high heat add 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and cook chicken approximately 3 minutes on each side, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165° F. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add remaining olive oil and onion, cooking for 1-2 minutes. Add zucchini and cook for an additional minute.
- Cut chicken and add to the skillet. Add red pepper to the skillet. Reserve ½ cup of pasta cooking water.
- Drain pasta and add to the skillet. Add pesto and cooking water to the skillet.
- Remove from head and toss well. Garnish with basil leaves.