Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 16 each Rebellyous Chicken Nuggets
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 3 each scallions, thinly sliced, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 3 Tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- To Serve: 2 Cups Cooked White or Brown Rice
- Set a large saucepan over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of the canola oil. Add the nuggets in a single layer (divide into two batches if needed to fit) and sauté for 3 minutes, until golden brown. Flip and cook for another 3 minutes on the opposite side. Transfer the nuggets to a place and return the pan to the stove.
- Add the remaining canola oil along with the sesame oil. Once shimmering, add the white parts of the scallions, along with the garlic, orange zest, ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes, ginger, and pepper. Stir thoroughly and cook for just 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the vegetable stock, apple juice, soy sauce, vinegar, and cornstarch, mixing until the starch has dissolved. Slowly pour the liquid ingredients into the pan and stir vigorously to incorporate. Bring to a boil, cooking until the sauce has thickened; about three minutes.
- Add the cooked nuggets back into the pan, tossing to coat with the sauce. Once hot all the way through, add more red pepper flakes, if desired, along with the remaining scallion greens and toasted sesame seeds. Serve over rice.