- 4 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb chicken breast, skinless and sliced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 1 cm /½ inch slices
- 1 large red pepper, cut into 1 cm/½ inch cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp sundried tomato paste
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 15-oz can diced tomatoes
- 4 C chicken broth
- 6 oz cooked quinoa
- 1½ C grated Parmesan
- 1 Tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 1 large handful of baby spinach leaves
- Chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat the extra virgin olive oil, then add the chicken breast, and cook on low heat.
- Add the onion and continue cooking for about 5 more minutes. Add the courgette and pepper and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and stir for an additional minute.
- Stir in the tomato paste and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Add the diced tomatoes and chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
- Leave to cook on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Add the quinoa and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Just before serving, mix in the Parmesan to melt slightly.
- Evenly ladle into bowls and scatter baby spinach leaves, chopped fresh basil and toasted pine nuts.
- Swirl with more extra virgin olive oil