It’s a flavor fiesta for your tastebuds! Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with @healthyseasonal’s Healthy Taco Salad Bowl! Made with juicy spiced ground chicken (bulked up with tons of veggies), crispy baked tortilla strips and cheese – this lighter take on a restaurant fav is delicious!
- 3 corn tortillas
- 1 teaspoons La Tourangelle avocado oil
- 1 ¼ teaspoon coarse kosher salt, divided
- La Tourangelle Avocado Cooking Spray
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 diced red bell pepper
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced, white and green parts separated
- 1 tablespoon Mexican seasoning *see ingredient note
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ cup water
- 2 hearts of romaine, chopped, washed and spun dry
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro leaves
- ½ cup La Tourangelle Ranch Dressing or Citrus Chipotle Dressing
- ½ cup salsa
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lay tortillas on cutting board. Brush oil over the tortillas. Sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt and cut into strips. Spread on a large rimmed baking sheet and transfer to the oven. Bake until crispy and just starting to turn golden, 12 to 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Coat a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray and set over medium-high heat. Add chicken, red pepper and scallion whites and cook, crumbling the chicken with a wooden spoon until no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes. Sprinkle with Mexican seasoning and the remaining 1 teaspoon salt, and stir to coat. Add in tomato paste and stir to coat. Add in water and stir until the mixture becomes saucy. Remove from the heat and stir in the scallion greens.
- Divide romaine among 4 large pasta bowls or plates. Top with the chicken mixture and cheese. Drizzle with dressing. Top with chips, cilantro and salsa on top.