Acclaimed chef and restaurateur, Rick Bayless, knows a thing or two about all-natural organic ingredients. They’re a big reason his authentic Mexican recipes have such an undeniable spirit and freshness. Not only do dishes made with organic ingredients taste better, they’re better for you. That’s why Rick insists on using Organic Blue Agave.
“I’m all about all-natural. So whenever I’m cooking up chipotle glazed ribs or just kicking back with a refreshing margarita, I reach for Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Blue Agave. It’s fresh, all-natural and distinctly delicious.” – Rick Bayless
- 2 cups Spanish red wine
- 1 cup Cointreau
- ½ cup Gran Torres brandy
- 1 cup Hibiscus Cooler (see below)
- ½ cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- ¼ cup Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Blue Agave
- Lime and orange slices
- 1 bottle soda water
For Hibiscus Cooler
- 1 ½ quarts water
- 2 cups (2 oz) dried jamaica (dried hibiscus flowers)
- 1 cup Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Blue Agave
- In a medium (3-qt) saucepan, bring 1 ½ qts water to a boil.
- Add the flowers and sugar. Stir for a minute, while liquid returns to a boil and sugar dissolves. Cover and let steep for an hour, but no more than two.
- Pour mixture through strainer into a large bowl, pressing on the flowers to extract liquid. Stir in 3 cups water.
- Mixture will be tart. Add more agave for a sweeter drink. Chill.
- In large pitcher, combine wine, spirits, Hibiscus Cooler, lime juice and agave. Chill.
- Add slices of lime and orange in each glass. Muddle fruit.
- Fill glasses with ice, then pour in sangria mixture, leaving room for a splash of soda water. Stir. Enjoy!
Moms are talking