- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- ¾ cup Brown Sugar
- 4 tbsp Unsalted Butter (melted and cooled)
- 4 tbsp Coconut Oil (melted and cooled)
- 2 Large Eggs
- ¾ cup Low-Fat Buttermilk
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Whole Wheat Flour
- ½ cup Bob’s Red Mill Unbleached White All-Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Instant Espresso Powder (optional_
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 36 mini marshmallows
- ⅓ cup Peppermint Chips
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, add wet ingredients. Whisk to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to the bowl with the wet ingredients. Stir until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fill the tins 3/4 full with batter. Nestle 3 mini marshmallows on top of each muffin and sprinkle the batter with 1 teaspoon of peppermint chips. Turn the oven temperature down to 350 degrees F and place the muffins in the oven. Bake 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs. Do not over bake.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the tins for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve warm or cool completely and store in an airtight container for up to 2 days.