- 6 large soft round rolls
- 1 free range egg, beaten
- 6 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian blend seasoning
- 6 large portabella mushrooms, stems removed
- Garlic salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded Italian blend cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped roasted red peppers or sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 to 3 cups arugula
- 6 free range eggs, fried
- Snipper fresh basil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Place rolls on a baking sheet. Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Season mushrooms with salt and pepper. Grill rounded side up over medium heat for 5 minutes. Turn and top with cheese and peppers or tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
- Cut rolls open and place equal amounts of arugula on roll bottoms. Top with mushrooms and fried eggs; sprinkle with basil and top with roll tops.