Lemon Basil Grilled Chicken Kebabs are two skewers of tender lemon-basil marinated chicken and fresh vegetables, char-grilled to perfection. Serve over a bed of orecchiette pasta and finish with a drizzle of fresh pesto.
PREP TIME: 40 minutes
MARINATION TIME: 2 hours
COOK TIME: 20 minutes
Ingredients for the Marinade
- 6–8 NatureRaised Farms™ Chicken Breast Tenderloins, cut into large cubes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice, fresh
- 4 garlic cloves, fresh, smashed
- 4 Italian flat leaf parsley sprigs, fresh, crushed
- 4 rosemary sprigs, fresh, crushed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Ingredients for Lemon Basil Pesto Sauce
- ½ cup basil pesto, commercially prepared
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon Parmesan cheese, grated
Ingredients for the Assembly
- 1 cup zucchini, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup orange bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup red onion wedges cut into 1-inch chunks
- 8 Roma tomatoes, small, whole, fresh
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic and pepper seasoning, dry
- 8 metal skewers, 12-inch
- 2 pounds orecchiette pasta or penne pasta, cooked
- 1 cup Alfredo sauce, commercially prepared, heated
- 4 teaspoons Italian parsley, fresh, rough chopped
- 8 each lemon wedges
- Preheat open-flame grill at medium-high.
- Combine all ingredients for the marinade in bowl and whisk to blend. Pour over chicken and toss to evenly coat; refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Combine zucchini, orange bell pepper, red onion, Roma tomatoes, olive oil and garlic and pepper seasoning and toss to blend; set aside.
-Lemon Basil Pesto Sauce
- Combine all ingredients for pesto sauce in a bowl and whisk to blend; set aside.
- Drain marinated chicken; discard marinade.
- Thread 4 chunks chicken and 8 to 10 chunks assorted vegetables on each skewer.
-Assembly of each Serving
- Grill 2 chicken/vegetable skewers over medium-high heat for 10 to 12 minutes, turning frequently, or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165°F; remove from grill; set aside.
- Combine cooked pasta, cup of Alfredo sauce and 4 Tablespoons of pesto sauce (see recipe) with 4 teaspoons parsley in bowl and toss to blend; arrange on serving plate.
- Top with 2 chicken/vegetable skewers. Drizzle 1 Tablespoon pesto sauce (see recipe) over skewers. Garnish plate with 2 lemon wedges, if desired.
Nutrition facts per serving: 840 calories, 35g of fat (9g of saturated fat), 87g of carbohydrate, 45g of protein, 640mg of sodium, 7g of dietary fiber, 6 g of sugar.