Skip to content
- 1 tablespoon Malaysian Red Palm Oil
- 1 onion, small diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- .75 tablespoon Red Curry paste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon Tamarind
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (1 fresh lime or 1 tbsp bottled)
- 1 cup basil leaves, Coriander or Mint (roughly chopped)
- 1 small Red Capsicum/Pepper (sliced in thin to medium strips)
- 1 cup peas (optional)
- Heat a sauté pan to a medium heat and add the Palm Oil.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until lightly browned and aromatic.
- Add the curry paste, and cook stirring constantly.
- Add the coconut milk and work it in gently into the paste mixture, then turn down the heat so it’s just at simmering point.
- Add the chicken thighs and mix into the sauce.
- Simmer for 30 minutes with a lid half covering the pan.
- Add the fish sauce, tamarind, sugar and lime juice, stir in well then taste.
- Continue to simmer for 20 minutes uncovered, then add the sliced red peppers and a little of the chopped fresh mint/coriander or basil.
- Taste the sauce and add more lime, fish sauce or sugar if needed to achieve the correct balance of spicy/sweet and sour flavors.
- If the sauce needs to thicken a little more, continue to cook uncovered and reduce naturally.
- Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle with the remainder of the freshly chopped mint/coriander or basil, and peas.
Tip: Serve with rice in a nice large bowl along with flat breads.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Serves 4 people
Join now to keep your bonus points and unlock rewards
Already a member? Login here