Acclaimed chef and restaurateur, Rick Bayless, knows a thing or two about all-natural organic ingredients. They’re a big reason his authentic Mexican recipes have such an undeniable spirit and freshness. Not only do dishes made with organic ingredients taste better, they’re better for you. That’s why Rick insists on using Organic Blue Agave.
“I’m all about all-natural. So whenever I’m cooking up chipotle glazed ribs or just kicking back with a refreshing margarita, I reach for Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Blue Agave. It’s fresh, all-natural and distinctly delicious.” – Rick Bayless
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, plus 1 Tbsp softened butter for dish
- 3 large mangos peeled & diced (½-inch pieces)
- 3½ cup Wholesome Sweeteners Fairtrade Organic Sugar
- 12 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 12 slices challah bread or sandwich loaf
- 6 large cage-free eggs
- 1 ½ cups half & half
- 1 tsp each ground cinnamon & vanilla extract
- Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Blue Agave
- Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Powdered Sugar
- Melt 4 Tbsp butter in non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mango. Sauté until soft about 10 min. Add ¼ cup sugar. Stir until dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, mix cream cheese & remaining ¼ cup sugar. Butter 13×9 baking dish with 1 Tbsp softened butter. Divide cream cheese equally & spread over each slice. Put slices in dish with cream cheese facing up. Spoon mango over bread. Press remaining slices, cream cheese side down on top.
- Whisk together eggs, half & half, vanilla & cinnamon. Pour on toast, making sure to cover bread with mixture. Wrap & refrigerate overnight. In morning, remove & let sit at room temp. for 20 min. Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake for 45 min or until lightly browned. Dust with powdered sugar & top with agave.
Moms are talking