For the lamb:
- 2 pounds Leg of Lamb, bone-in (or shoulder)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ garlic head, minced
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 3 cups beef stock
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Truly Grass Fed Salted Butter
For the mashed potatoes:
- 4 cups potatoes, diced
- 4 Tablespoons Truly Grass Fed Salted Butter
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 1 cup Truly Grass Fed Aged Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 300ºF.
- Place garlic, onion, and rosemary in a metal roasting pan, and top with the lamb leg. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast for around 3 hours.
- Remove from the oven and remove foil. Check to ensure the meat is tender (reserve pan juices).
- Pull the meat using two forks.
- Heat a pan to low and cook the onions in the butter for 25 minutes, or until soft and caramelized.
- Boil the potato in salted water for 10-15 mins until tender. Drain, then mash with butter and milk.
- Meanwhile, heat the oven to 350ºF.
- To assemble, put the lamb, onions, and the pan juices into small oven-proof ramekins and top with the mashed potatoes and cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the top is golden.