Tiny bites of pie goodness work for any time of day: brunch, snacks, on-the-go desserts. Switch up the flavors to suit your cravings (peaches, orange marmalade, apple pie filling, chocolate).
Servings: 54 pieces
- 1 package Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Pie Crust Mix prepared and chilled
- 4 ½ tbsp Strawberry Jam, thick
- Water to seal
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 ½ tsp water
- 1 drop red food coloring or other colors as desired
- Remove prepared Bob’s Red Mill Pie Crust Mix from the refrigerator and let sit at room temperature until malleable.
- Roll dough between two pieces of heavy-duty plastic wrap or waxed paper to 3 – 4 mm thickness. Periodically removing and repositioning the plastic/paper will make it easier to roll out the dough.
- Cut the dough into 5.5 x 5.5 cm squares. If the dough is very soft, transfer the squares to the refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
- Place a generous ¼ tsp of strawberry jam in the center of each square. Lightly brush the edges of the dough with water and fold each square in half along the diagonal to make a triangle. Press the edges to seal and crimp with the tines of a fork. Repeat until all pieces have been filled and sealed. Transfer to the freezer and freeze for 1 hour. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Transfer pies to parchment lined sheet trays. Slice a small vent in the top of each pie and bake until golden, 15 – 17 minutes.
- Use a piping bag or spoon to decorate the top of each pie with icing. Let set (about 10 minutes) before serving. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.