These nutrient rich balls make the perfect snack for the ever-on-the-go toddler. Plus, they freeze really well so they can be packed up for summer sports or picnics and stay cool. Mum-Mum’s Super Rounds allow for lots of creativity in terms of ingredients, so feel free to mix things up using family favorite ingredients. This is also a recipe where little ones can help, making it a fun activity for long summer days.
- ¼ cup tahini (for sesame allergies, try sunflower seed butter)
- ¼ almond butter
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar or honey (for children 2 and over)
- 1 pack Strawberry Toddler Mum Mums
- Optional: mini chocolate chips, coconut flakes
- Make sure the tahini and almond butter are refrigerated before making, otherwise the consistency will be too runny for the recipe.
- Coarsely crumble the pack of Strawberry Toddler Mum-Mums with hands or a rolling pin and combine in a mixing bowl with the other ingredients. If the mixture is still too runny, add another biscuit.
- If you’re using chocolate chips, fold in 1-2 tablespoons.
- Take about a teaspoon of the mixture and roll between your palms to form a ball.
- If you’re using coconut flakes, sprinkle the flakes on a flat surface, and then roll the balls in coconut to coat.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving. These also freeze well for frozen treats!