A grain-free Paleo Chocolate Banana Bread from the Whole Smiths brought to you by New Barn Organic Almondmilk. This recipe is sure to become a family favorite around the house! Gluten-free.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons New Barn Organic Almondmilk
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder baking
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350* F and lightly grease a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl add the bananas and almond milk and mash them well using a fork until incorporated.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, maple syrup, cocoa powder, eggs, baking powder, vinegar, and vanilla to the bowl and stir to combine thoroughly.
- Add the chocolate chips to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let rest 30 minutes prior to serving.
- I like to use Grade B maple syrup, which has a more intense flavor. Instead of maple syrup, you can use honey.
- Paleo-friendly cocoa powder is available in some grocery stores and online. Select a powder that is unsweetened and non-alkaline (NOT processed with alkali and NOT dutch-processed). The only ingredient on the package should be 100% (ideally organic) natural cocoa powder.
- When using a skewer or toothpick to check for doneness, check in more than one place. If you stick the tester into a chunk of banana rather than the batter, you could get a false reading
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hr 5 minutes