Classic homemade pimento cheese spread on a juicy burger with crispy bacon, lettuce and tomato.
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 3 Tbsp. Onion, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Butter, for the pan
Pimento Cheese Spread
- 6 oz Fresh Grated Sharp Cheddar
- 2 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- ½ tsp Hot Sauce
- ½ tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped Pimentos, with brine
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Pepper, to taste
- 4 Thick Slices of Bacon, cooked crisp
- Tomato Slices
- Butter Lettuce Leaves
- 4 Canyon Bakehouse Burger Buns
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the pimento cheese spread. Add more mayonnaise or brine as needed to bring the mixture together. Chill for two hours or overnight.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, onion, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Form the meat mixture into 4 patties, slightly flattened.
- Place a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Melt 1 tbsp. butter in the pan.
- Working in batches, place the patties in the pan. Cook until browned on both sides and tension can be felt in the center.
- Right off the grill, place a scoop of pimento cheese onto each patty.
- Place each burger on a toasted bun and assemble with toppings as desired.
Servings: 4 servings
Prep Time: 2 hours 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes