Check out this delicious and fresh recipe for Hillside Harvest’s Pineapple Fresno Jeweled Salad with rice and feta cheese!
Jeweled Grain Salad:
- 1 cup white or brown basmati rice
- ⅓ cup golden raisins or currants
- ⅓ cup roasted almonds
- 1 lemon
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 Tbs. butter
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
Pineapple Fresno Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons of Hillside Harvest Pineapple Fresno hot sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbs white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs minced shallot
- 2 tps Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbs honey
- Thoroughly wash the rice and add it to a large pot that has a fitted lid. Using a vegetable peeler, peel two strips of lemon zest from the lemon; add them to the pot with the rice (reserve the rest of the lemon for later). Add the raisins (or currants), almonds, bay leaves, butter, salt, pepper, and 2 cups water.
- Bring everything in the pot to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir the rice once, then cover the pot and turn the heat to a low simmer.
- Continue to simmer the rice, covered, according to the package instructions, about 20 minutes for white rice and 50 minutes for brown rice.
- Remove the pot from the heat; rest, covered, for 10 minutes. Remove the lid and fluff the rice with a fork.
- Juice the reserved lemon into a small bowl; Pineapple Fresno hot sauce, olive oil, vinegar, shallot, mustard, and salt. Set aside.
- Add the honey to a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook the honey until it begins to bubble and foam, about 30 seconds. Immediately add the reserved Pineapple Fresno hot sauce mixture.
- Cook the dressing, whisking frequently, until the shallot has turned translucent color, about 30 seconds longer.
- Pour the dressing over the reserved jeweled rice and gently toss everything together.
- Add the rice to a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with the feta and parsley.