Ingredients for the crust
- 500 ml almond flour
- 125 ml finely grated Parmesan cheese
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 egg
Ingredients for the filling
- 500 ml Fairview Full Fat Yogurt
- 250 ml strong cheddar cheese – grated
- 5 eggs
- salt and pepper – just remember the biltong and cheese are already salty
- 400 ml sliced beef biltong
- 1 large onion – chopped and caramelized in a little butter
- fresh herb of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- FOR THE CRUST: Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blitz until it just comes together. Spray a loose bottom quiche pan with Spray ‘n Cook and press the almond mixture into the pan. Chill in the fridge for a few minutes.
- FOR THE FILLING: Mix all the ingredients, except the biltong and pour into the pastry case. Now scatter the caramelized onion and over the custard mixture. Bake in a preheated oven to golden perfection. Serve with fresh rocket and sliced tomato!