Check out this recipe for this yummy focaccia bread served with Just Like Home’s Lip Smackin’ Garlic Dipping Sauce on the side! If you love garlic and olives, this appetizer is the perfect dish for you. From the aroma of roasted garlic from the oven to the earthy hints of rosemary, this dish will surely delight the senses, even before you snag a bite!
- 1 jar of Just like Home’s Lip Smackin’ Garlic Sauce
- 1 bulb garlic, wrapped in foil*
- 6.5-ounce package pizza crust mix
- ½ cup hot water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup grated Parmesan, divided
- ⅓ cup chopped Kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place wrapped bulb of garlic in the oven while it’s preheating (Keep the garlic in the oven until the focaccia is done cooking.).
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the pizza crust mix, hot water, ½cup parmesan, 1 tablespoon olive oil, olives and rosemary. Knead several times and shape into a ball. Coat with 1 tablespoon olive oil and allow to rest, covered, for 10 minutes. It will rise slightly.
- Grease a baking sheet with one tablespoon olive oil.
- Shape dough into a 10-inch circle. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup cheese.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove garlic from oven. Open foil and allow it to cool enough to handle. Gently squeeze the softened garlic out of the peelings and spread a layer over the focaccia.
- Cut focaccia into 8 pieces.
- Dip in Lip Smackin’ Garlic Sauce.
*If you have not yet roasted a whole bulb of garlic, be warned that it can be a little messy. Heat it longer than the suggested 12-15 minutes (plus the preheating time) if it is not soft enough to easily squeeze out of the peelings.