- 2 whole heads garlic, unpeeled
- 4 Tablespoons Challenge Spreadable Butter, divided
- 1¾ teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 pounds potatoes, scrubbed well
- ¼ to ⅓ cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh chives or parsley (optional)
- Cut the top off the garlic heads and place on a piece of aluminum foil. Spread about a ½ Tablespoon Challenge Spreadable Butter on the cut surface of each garlic head. Fold foil over garlic to seal.
- Bake at 350°F for an hour; cool about 10 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Remove outer layers of papery skin from garlic. Squeeze soft pulp from garlic cloves and set aside.
- Potatoes may be peeled if desired but leaving skins on gives the dish a more rustic character.
- Cut potatoes into chunks, place into a pan, add water to cover potatoes, and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Bring to a boil and simmer about 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain potatoes.
- Mash potatoes with potato masher or electric mixer on low speed.
- Add 3 Tablespoons Challenge Spreadable Butter, ¾ teaspoon salt, 1½ Tablespoons reserved roasted garlic pulp, ¼ cup milk. Mash until desired consistency is reached, stirring in additional milk if needed.
- Salt and pepper and additional garlic pulp may be added to taste. Garnish with chopped chives or parsley if desired.
Moms are talking