- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 15 oz. part skim ricotta cheese
- 14-16 oz. jarred spaghetti or pizza sauce
- 8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4-1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Dried Italian herbs
- Fresh basil
- Parmesan Cheese Crisps, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat the oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic cloves and cook until fragrant, stirring often, about 1 minute.
- Grease a 9-inch-deep dish pie plate and spread ricotta evenly across the bottom. Spread cooked onion mixture on top of ricotta.
- Layer ½ the tomato sauce followed by ½ the mozzarella over the onion. Then repeat.
- Grate about ¼-12 cup Parmesan cheese over the last mozzarella layer. Sprinkle evenly with dried Italian herbs.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until browned and bubbly. Remove, sprinkle with fresh basil, and serve warm with Parmesan Cheese Crisps.