These Southwest Chipotle Tuna Burgers are the perfect sustainable option to add to the menu for your next barbecue. Using Wild Planet’s Skipjack Wild Tuna, Chipotle peppers and green onions, this recipe is as easy as it is flavorful.
- 2 (5oz) cans Wild Planet Skipjack Wild Tuna
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp Chipotle pepper paste
- 2 Green onions, finely chopped
- ½ cup Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetable or olive oil
Optional Burger Toppings
- Brioche buns
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- Pickled onions
- Mix everything together and refrigerate for ~30 minutes to let the flavors develop.
- Using a measuring ½ cup, form cakes and gently round with your hands.
- Preheat the pan to medium heat, add oil and pan sear until each side is crispy golden brown.
- To serve – add some mayo to brioche bun, top with lettuce, tuna burger, avocado slices, and pickled onions.