This fall recipe is brought to you by one of our own! Melissa has been a part of the Moms Meet team for 4 years now and she decided to share her delicious Spaghetti Squash alla Vodka recipe with us! After making a vegan version for our staff Thanksgiving lunch last year, we have been trying to get our hands on this recipe ever since! We hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1-2 jars of your favorite sauce (I used Victoria Vodka Sauce, they also have a vegan version!)
- 2 tbsp of your favorite oil (I usually use EVOO, sometimes I add a few drops of truffle oil)
- A few dashes of garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper
- Sprinkle of Parmesan cheese
- Your choice of protein, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Carefully, cut the spaghetti squash in half, long ways.
- Cover a baking sheet in tin foil (for easy clean up) and place the squash halves on the sheet, flat side facing up.
- Drizzle the oil on them and then add your seasonings. I put your basic salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder on mine.
- Put the squash in the oven flat side up for 10-15 minutes. Then, flip them to flat side down for another 10-15 minutes. When you can somewhat easily poke through the round side of the squash with a fork, it’s ready to come out of the oven. Cooking time depends on the size of the squash.
- While your squash is cooling, put your sauce in a medium-large pot on medium-low heat. I put a few dashes of crushed red pepper flakes in the Victoria Vodka Sauce for some added spice.
- While your sauce is heating up, it’s time to pull the seeds out of the squash. Make sure the squash is cool enough to touch. I use two forks to scoop them out and I put them aside. You can roast these, add some seasoning, and snack on them!
- Once your squash is de-seeded, pull the “spaghetti” (the strings on the inside) out. Again, I use the two-fork technique. Then, put them right in your sauce.
- This time, I added Gardein Beefless Ground to my dish. In the past, I have added chicken, and Gardein Meatless Chicken Strips. Sometimes, I just make the squash and sauce. Feel free to add your own spin on this!
- After about 10 minutes of simmering, your dish should be good to go!
- Sprinkle some parm cheese and the Spaghetti Squash alla Vodka is complete!
1 serving (1 cup) of plain Spaghetti Squash alla Vodka is 110 calories, 5g fat, 5mg cholesterol, 445mg sodium, 14g carbs (4g fiber, 7g sugar), and 3.5g protein.