For the pasta:
- 8 ounces Cavatappi pasta
- 4 Tablespoons plant-based butter
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ tub Spero Sunflower Cheese (The Original or The Smoked)
- 1 cup plant-based milk or veggie broth
- ½ teaspoon garlic
- ¾ cup plant-based mozzarella shreds
- ¾ cup plant-based cheddar shreds
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the breadcrumb topping:
- ⅓ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 Tablespoons plant-based butter
- Cook pasta al dente according to the package’s instructions. Drain it and set it to the side.
- Heat butter over medium heat in the same pot used by the pasta.
- Stir in the flour one Tablespoon at a time. Once the flour is dissolved, stir in the plant-based milk (or veggie broth) and bring to a boil. Then remove it from the heat.
- Add Spero Sunflower Cheese, garlic powder, and shredded cheese and mix until combined.
- Add the pasta back into the pot and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 8×8 baking dish.
- Heat butter in a pan over medium heat. Then add the breadcrumbs into the pan and toast until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Indulge in your new fave cheesy, mac ‘n cheese!
Moms are talking