For the dough:
- Store-bought, your choice!
- If you’re feeling adventurous, we included ingredients and instructions for homemade pizza crust, too!
- 2½ cups flour (unbleached, bread, or all-purpose)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast
- 3 Tablespoons plant-based oil (we love avocado or extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 cup water, room temperature
For the topping:
- 1 tub Spero Sunflower Cream Cheese (The Smoked)
- 1 bunch stemmed kale
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 sundried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- lemon, for zesting
For the pizza dough:
- Stir flour, salt, and yeast in a large bowl, or use a stand mixer. Add water and oil and mix until a wet sticky ball forms.
- Plop the dough onto a floured surface and sprinkle a little more flour on top. Pick it up & fold it in half. Turn the ball 90 degrees, pick it up & fold again. Continue kneading for approximately 10 minutes or until the dough has become smooth and elastic. If using a stand mixer, you can use with a dough hook to knead the dough for 10 minutes.
- Form your dough into a ball and put it into a large oiled mixing bowl. Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and leave it on your counter for 2-3 hours. The dough should double in size.
- Punch your dough down, form into 2 balls, then put them back into the oiled mixing bowl. Cover and let them rest for 1 hour.
- Place each dough ball onto the center of a small oiled sheet pan. Using the flat part of your hand, stretch out the dough as far as possible (to about ¼ – ½ inch thickness). Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and let them rest for 1 hour.
- Heat the oven to 450°F and place the sheet pans on the middle rack. Bake for 8-10 minutes, turning the pan once at 4-5 min.
For the toppings:
- Bake your pizza crust per the box’s instructions or using the recipe listed above.
- Remove from the oven and spread a thick layer of Spero Sunflower Cream Cheese onto the crust.
- Top with kale, cherry tomatoes, and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Bake for another 5-6 minutes or until the pizza is nice and crisp.
- Top with extra Spero Sunflower Cream Cheese & lemon zest for a citrusy punch.
- Indulge in your new fave smoky, cheesy, veggie pizza!
Moms are talking