Wake up with this fresh mix of summer produce combined with two highly bioavailable sources of protein: Hemp Hearts and eggs! Use your farmers’ market haul, or leftover veggies from the week to make this summertime frittata. The flavorus and textures come together to make a perfect dish for Sunday brunch or something unique to bring to a daytime get together.
- 12 eggs
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 medium-sized zucchini, thinly sliced
- ½ cup Hemp Hearts + 1 tsp. for sprinkling on top of finished frittata
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- salt + freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat broiler to high. Brush baking sheet with ½ tablespoon olive oil and add thinly sliced zucchini. Drizzle with another ½ tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Broil until lightly brown, about 2 minutes.
- Lower oven to bake at 375 degrees F. In large bowl, whisk together eggs, almond milk, Hemp Hearts, shredded carrot, sun dried tomatoes (reserving a couple to sprinkle on top), and salt and pepper. Stir in feta cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture into a medium-sized oven proof skillet. Cover top of frittata with zucchini slices and sprinkle with remaining sun dried tomatoes.
- Place pan in oven and cook until top is golden and centre is set, about 18 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, sprinkle with remaining Hemp Hearts, slice into wedges and serve immediately. Store leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.